Saturday, July 31, 2010

Book 33 You Could Live a Long Time, Are you Ready?* by Lyndsay Green

This book contains lots of good pointers for accepting and preparing for ill health when you get old. I found it discouraging.  But I am sure that most boomers believe it is inevitable to deteriorate mentally and physically, so this book tells you how to do it in a organized way and how to get lots of people to help you.

Me, I prefer to keep going on as I always have and in fact to get progressively younger.  I admit you have to work a little harder to stay in place, and you have to start early before you don't have the mojo anymore to reject books like this one. See my Warrior blog on how to do make sure you don't let your mind and body slip into negative ways. 

That aside, the advice about getting off your butt and cleaning out your accumulated stuff is on the mark for anyone. She also advises women to start to wear makeup in order to be taken seriously, which was unexpected and refreshing advice.

No comments:

Post a Comment