Saturday, July 31, 2010

Book 32 Born Standing Up** by Steve Martin

Steve's a good writer and his story is interesting.  The book is about how he got started in stand up comedy and it left me wanting to read more about Steve.

Steve is so self deprecating in telling his story that he infers that he has no talent, but is only very hard working. We all know how untrue that is, so I guess he doesn't have to tell us the obvious. Coincidentally, Steve came into the store where I work a couple of times latelty and bought some luggage. He was obviously not looking for recognition(wearing a bicycle helmet for disguise) so we just left him alone, checking out all the cases himself. I wanted to tell him how much I liked All of Me, and ask him why it was always left out of lists of his best movies, but, bearing in mind a story from his book about a nurse who asked him to autograph his EKG in the emergency room after he collapsed on stage, I didn't.

No comments:

Post a Comment