Friday, February 26, 2010

Book 12 My Life in France by Julia Child **

Loved this book.   Well written and entertaining, the descriptions (which are lists of the components) of the local environments are excellent.   Julia remembers her life with husband Paul, their love of France and struggles in the diplomatic service and writing of the cookbook and the making of the TV shows.   The details apparently gleaned from the volumes of correspondence written by both Julia and Paul to their siblings.
I really sympathized with the struggle to find accurate descriptions of cooking techniques and ingredients, missing in nearly every other cookbook.  I find the same problems writing my cooking blog and teaching myself methods and how to judge ingredients.   So many cook books and online recipes and instructions are written with little detail or with needless complexity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment